2014-03-19

JACK & JILL

Jack and Jill are a young married student couple who are doing a study abroad in my area. They both do well with the language and love it here. Being students, money is tight. But they don't care and simply make do with what they have. Weeks ago a few of us were chatting and Jill mentioned that her clothes are all stacked on the floor. I offered hangers. She said hangers would be cool but she didn't know how many she needed, as she would first need to have a rack to actually hang them up. For weeks I kept forgetting about asking her about it. Last week when I was up in the attic I "stumbled" across our old wardrobe and thought about Jill and the hangers. And then it hit me. I would dump the wardrobe on Jill! It took me a couple more hours to finally contact her. And wouldn't you know it. She wanted it. She had even started looking around on ebay to buy a used one.

Best part about her wanting it was that she was willing to take it the same night. I packed up the wardrobe and my husband's power tools. The 3 of us had a blast. Don't ask me how many times I had to call my husband for advice on how to go about this best. As the wardrobe had been taken apart and moved too many times to count, it wasn't in the best shape. We kept joking how much she was allowed to tell about the story. When the thing was finally up (we ended up bolting it together with a couple of extra screws) the official version of the evening that was allowed to go public was:"Katja is so cool! Katja knows how to use power tools!"

Jill kept thanking me for the wardrobe, I kept telling her I was in her debt for taking it. I finally came out of the closet, told her that I was a hoarder. That I had a hard time parting with things.That I was able to let go happily when someone else had use for it. Jack and Jill just smiled at each other and one of them (can't remember which) looked at the other and said:"Your Mom." With the other nodding in agreement. Before I knew what I was saying I blurted:"I will post about you on my hoarder blog, but NO I will not give you my blog address." Jill said she would google my name and "hoarder" and  "blog". I just laughed and asked her if she really thought I would use my real name. Well. Little does she know her name is Jill now! We'll see if she can find me! hahaha

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen